Pete's person

In a message dated 5/14/2003 1:39:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sschrade@ascpl.lib.oh.us writes:

> <insert Blind Faith joke here>  ;-)

Ha ha.  Sometimes my optimistic approach may seem like denial, and maybe it
is to some extent. Pete did something very wrong when he used that card.  He
put a gun in the hands of many to shoot him with.

In turn we now look like we associate with pedophiles and probably are
pedophiles ourselves. We are fools that jump and shout and buy products from
child molesters and support them wholeheartedly, while we make excuses for
them.

This is what irks me.  The first paragraph is true.  The second paragraph is
not.  What Pete did was probably something that will never go away.  He did
it.

I am frustrated because society is so unfair.  Life itself isn't fair. But
that is only what we see on the surface.

Pete tried to take on a giant by himself and got crushed by it.  He wasn't
strong enough to fight this one.  Now he knows it.  But he knew what his
intentions were from the outset and society doesn't even consider that part.
Not now.  He should have never done this alone.

I have been considering what it is that he should do now. I know what I would
do. There exists the possibility that he may personally come out far ahead of
where he started.  He may not know himself, but this very situation may be
exactly what it takes to bring such a strong one as Pete to his knees.

He challenged darkness itself, seemingly by himself.  This always ends in
failure.  But the good news is that when we realize we are absolute failures,
and *only* then, will we open up to realize that there is something else
going on.  It takes a great deal of cost to open one's disposition up.

The only thing that can defeat darkness is Light itself.

I don't care how introverted Pete is, how subjective, how deep, how
introspective he is.  I am not discouraged by the dark regions in his soul.
Or in mine.  My concern is to open them up that the Light can shine in.  We
have control over this. That is why *real* prayer actually changes things.

Forget about trying.  Forget about doing the right thing.  Forget about being
good like you're told you should.  When *Light* comes into your analytical
psyche, you will be set free from the darkness inside.  For someone to open
even a crack is a miracle.  I hope that this is Pete's miracle.

"With all the low things in the world come all the high things" PT.  I am
very encouraged that he knows this.

How he fights this legally in public is another matter altogether.  He just
needs a good lawyer for that. Right Keets?

Jon in Mi.