Re: had me, then lost me

> Finally, if I wanted to play devil's advocate, there is no difference
> between buying reefer for "personal use" or purchasing child porn for
> "personal use". What's the difference? Both are illegal, and both are
> provided by murderers and rapists. By purchasing one or
> the other, you
> fund the same criminals. The analogy is sound.

I was with your analogy of the child porn industry and the drug trade until this statement. There is a significant MORAL difference between them. Purchasing them might be comparable since the money goes to "evil-doers" and encourages more "evil-doing," but consuming drugs and getting off to kiddie porn are on virtually opposite planes. There is no comparison that can be made, at all.
I think it can. No one said Pete got off on the kiddie porn, only that he paid to enter the site thus inciting the dealers to offer more kiddie porn. In buying the relatively harmless marijuana from a dealer, you are inciting the dealer to distribute other drugs which kill or ruin lives.

keets