[no subject]

Stotty On Sunday
WHO ARE WE KIDDING

I DON'T buy Pete Townshend's excuse that he was
researching the paedophile material available on the
Internet when he paid for child porn.

Nor do I buy the suggestion he is being treated
leniently as he is a rock star. The opposite is true.
He has been publicly humiliated and vilified, as one
look at his tortured face proves all too painfully.

My life is effectively over, he said when arrested.
And that is probably true so as far as his career is
concerned. Prosecution would have proved nothing we
didn't know before. His caution means he accepts his
guilt and he has a criminal conviction paraded all
over the papers for the world to see.

We have our pound of flesh.

=====
-Brian in Atlanta