Re: Nuff said on Pete: who was harmed?

In a message dated 5/10/2003 3:46:40 AM Eastern Standard Time,
pkeets@hotmail.com writes:

> there is very bad fallout on the user side,
> as well.  This is another ugly and difficult subject, but WAY off topic, so
>
> I'm going to try to stay out of it.

Actually it is right *on* topic. It couldn't be any *more* on topic.

Pete's friend went to heroin as a result of her sexual trauma. Now she is
dead.  Heroin dealers make their money off of people in this painful
situation. This drug is a devastator to everyone that comes near it.  It
ruins people, their kids, and the lives of those that are close to them.
Drug addicts do things that a sane person would NEVER do in order to get a
fix.  Everyone should know this.

Kids become secondary.  Weird people can thus gain access to these uncared
for kids and fuck up their lives as well. NO one in the universe can sell me
on the harmlessness of drugs.  The cycle continues.

This turns a person with real problems into a person that cannot face them
any longer because they are now addicted to the escape. I am glad that heroin
is
illegal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Because heroin is illegal,
there is a chance to escape it by the slammer instead of death.

Because my wife's Mom was an alcoholic, she did not know what was happening
to her own daughter when she was drunk.  My wife was raped repeatedly from
the time she was a 7 year old girl by an older family member when her Mom was
drinking.

She then became a  heroin addict when she was just 13 years old. Now she is
36, still an addict (for life) and in prison.  Who was there to watch her  3
kids through much of this? Who kept *them* from getting raped?  Who paid for
the 8 wrecked cars? Who turned her in? Who showed her A different Bomb?  Me.

Who touched her as no one else on earth could? Who wrote in language that let
her know that someone actually understood her?  Who brought on the tears of
relief? Pete Townshend.

Pete is not a saint.  He is just a guy that stood up because he had seen
enough. I am not disappointed in him nor am I mad at him at all.  I happen to
have a bit of understanding myself.

It is good to get all of our feelings out on this.

Jon in Mi.