Judgement

I'm doing my best to keep some of my opinions to myself on the subject of Pete Townshend supporting pedophilia(sic). There are many regular posters on this list that I consider intelligent, articulate people and I enjoy reading their insights and opinions on all things WHO. Indeed, I hope to meet up with you again at the next WHO related event (I say it that way only because another WHO concert proper seems highly unlikely). I think of Pete as a highly intelligent and articulate person as well. He knows what he did.
He has to explain to his 13 year old son why the kids at school are saying horrible things about his father. He has to face the wrath of special interest groups who once lauded him for his charitable contributions to such causes. I'm relatively sure he's aware that a large percentage of his fan base are having difficulty in understanding his actions and coming to terms with the implications.
Being a parent does not give anyone special insight into these crimes. We are all children. Do not forget Pete has been a father longer than most of us on this list.
I agree with Joel when he pointed out that the ones who should be castrated and crucified are the people who put up these sites.
I agree that this is a unique case, not to be compared to drugs, terrorism, etc.
I empathize with Kevin's feelings and his anger at the situation.
To the people who once were fans and have now changed their musical tastes I say:
"good. turns out you didn't really like the man anyway, did you?"
I wonder if in all of Petes time crusading against internet child abuse anyone ever asked him:
"have you ever looked at this stuff? have you seen what they do?"
Pete would of course have to have said no. I'm not saying he was right to do what he did, paying money - however little - to 'support' the industry (although that was not his intention I'm sure). That seems to be what everyone is so angry with. HE PAID THEM!!! Well, now he's paying for it in a big way. I know I haven't really made any valid points here, I only know that my opinion of Pete and his music has not changed at all. I love the man, goddamn me for it. I feel sorry for what he and his family are being put through just as I feel sorry for any child that is harmed.
When has Pete not taken responsibility for his actions?

And to those who think that Pete needs therapy: WELL.....DUH!! HE's needed therapy since 1948!!!!

Unlike some of you, I can't really get my thoughts together on this. In the end, it has nothing to do with music. I really dont' give a fuck what people say or think about Pete Townshend. He is one of the greatest artists that ever walked the face of this planet and nothing will ever change that fact. People have always thought he was weird, gay, bi, whatever. I dont' care. Who gives a fuck. Listen to the music. If you used to like Pete and his music and now you dont' because you think he's a pervert, go burn your CDs. Please.

I used to like the movie FERRIS BUELLERS DAY OFF but now I don't because Jeffrey Jones is a pederass.
I used to think CHUCK BERRY was the king of rock and roll but now I don't because I found out he's a full blown wacko pervert.
I used to like the DIXIE CHICKS music but now I hate it because one of them dissed Bush.
I used to think KEITH MOON was a great drummer until I found out he was just a fucking junkie lush.
I used to like the BEATLES until John said they were more popular than Jesus Christ.
I used to think MICHAEL JACKSON was a great entertainer but he's too weird.

Now how fucking dumb does that sound?

peace

Andy

"I don't talk to musicians...