Re: Pete In Denial

> I think he is saying that those accused and/or convicted would
> naturally not like the rules.

Ah.  I got it now.  Not sure why I had trouble understanding that.
Thanks, Neil.

> But, he better fucking snap out of it quick and come to grips
> with how he's hurt his fans.

Right, Cuz.  His initial reaction is just plain baffling.  He put his
family, his friends, & his fans through shit & all he's worried about
is being put on that "list."

1. It's his own fault he's on that list.  Not the cops, not the press,
not the judicial system, not the law.  His own fault.

2. He must've agreed to it in the negotiations, right?  So why is he
freaking out about it as if this came out of nowhere?

Maybe he overreacted with that first message.  Maybe that's why it was
taken down.  He was obviously dying to speak, to say something, but
to make your first public statement a bitch session, complaining about
an aspect of your punishment is beyond me.

Why not say:  "Listen, everyone.  I fucked up.  I assure you I looked
at that site purely for research purposes; still, that was wrong &
against the law.  I made a mistake.  I'm sorry for the aggravation I've
put you through.  I take full responsibility.  Please help me through
this upcoming difficult period of my life."

Why not something like that?  Instead, we get bitching about being put
on "the list."  He's transferring the anger he feels toward himself to
being put on "the list."  He doesn't think it's fair.  Not for someone
like himself who has done so much for children's charities.

That's pretty selfish.  He knows he committed a crime; he knows he broke
the law.  But he doesn't feel his punishment is deserved because of his
past actions.

He must realize that law-abiding citizens break the law sometimes.  They
still get punished.  He's not above that.  Besides, it could've been
much worse.  What he thinks is harsh punishment is being looked upon as
lenient by others.

Now that this is "over" for him (over in the sense of the legal wrangl-
ings) maybe he'll have a chance in the next few weeks to come to terms
with what has happened to him.

And maybe he'll have something more thoughtful & intelligent to say in
the near future.

- SCHRADE in Akron