[no subject]

I'd contribute it to a cumulative effect.  Pretty much everything The Who
had done up until that point built on each other.
We get Tommy.  Wow!
Then LAL.  Holy shit!
Who's Next.   Ummmmm, Damn!
Followed by Quad.   A launch into the stratosphere (stunned silence).
Who Are You continued the roll, and It's Hard was pretty well received too
with radio staples of Eminence Front and YBYB.

People were jumping on the band wagon, and who could blame them!?
Keith's death I'm sure had something to do with it, focusing added attention
on the band, and how they would fare in the future with the whole "should
they continue or shouldn't they? debate, which was even more in focus with
the death of Bonham.
I know it did for me.

So, we may have seen the results of the popular peak being a bit behind the
actual creative/output peak.  But, this would make sense too.

Kevin, 37 in VT
Who really *does* 'like every moment of the day'.
(Upper 60's and Sun-sun-sunny all day today!   GOOD MORNING BOB!   ;-)