Pete's greatest guitar moments

> Pete's Greatest Guitar Moments

Here is a list in order of my preference:

1. Young Man Blues at IOW 1970.  Pete does the dramatic single windmills with the guitar on full sustain, then shakes the guitar violently with that venomous facial expression, which is finally followed by the most insanely reckless, yet gorgeous 11 windmills in succession.  I have to watch that several times per month.

2. Woodstock 1969.  See Me, Feel Me in its entirety.  Breathtaking, passionate performance.  Almost doesn't seem real when watching the video.

3. The Gorge 2002- Pete wasn't going to be upstaged by the Counting Crows Bass player who smashed his bass at the end of the support set, so he obliterates his guitar at the end of WGFA.  I was there live so it has special importance.

4. Monterey Pop Fest 1967- Pete annihilates his Les Paul (wasn't it a Les Paul?) after MG, then takes the neck and starts in on the amps.  Outstanding.  Anyone can set a guitar on fire.

5. Rolling Stones R&R Circus 1968- A Quick One finale.  I love this performance because it shows where Pete was headed as a guitarist.  It was disimilar to the Pete on guitar from just a year or two prior, in stage moves and guitar skill.  By 1969 he had become the guitarist who made everyone's jaw drop without having to destroy something.

Mc