Re: tales from the Who

Andy wrote:

<<3.I've only ever bought one bootleg Who album.  It
was a double LP and the sound was so dreadful I think
I only listened to it once.  I think the title was
from a Tommy lyric and I bought it at a flea market.
I take it some of these things don't sound too bad?
Indeed they can be a crap shoot. There are only a
handful of really good quality shows/studio bootlegs
out there, many of which have been released officially
in whole or in part (LAL deluxe, WN deluxe, etc.)
however, for instance LAL deluxe is heavily edited. I
still prefer the bootleg version.>>

I also only have one Who bootleg so fa; they had an
assload of Who boots, and some Pete solo, at the
vintage music store in Amherst, MA, when I stopped in
there in mid-September, a few days after Yom Kippur,
when I was in the area again.  A lot of them were
still there when I came back the next month for Alumni
Weekend, but I didn't get any.  The one I do have is
from 5 April 1968, at the Fillmore East, and the sound
on it is great!  I can't say the same for the Pete
solo boot I also got, 'Rough Boy.'  The sound is about
3.5 stars, though it gets better on side two.  If I do
why I haven't been back since October, the guy who
broke my heart and who still lives in the building I
used to, where religious services and meals are held!)
later this month, I'd love to see if some of the boots
are still at the store, in particular the Swansea boot
and the one from I think NYC in '82.

=====
Anna U. Mormack
Welcome to My World: