LAYV

Jon, LAFK is indeed a strong opener - and sonically
reminiscent of the Leslie West version from the Record
Plant.  YMB, I just noticed where Pete goes MIA in the
middle and John and Keith happily keep charging. I
like Time is Passing much better here than Pete's
hippy dippy version. What does Keith yell when Pete in
introducing BBE?  IDEKM, perhaps Rog's only weak vocal
in spots - Wow, Pure and Easy, Pete's guitar is
amazing.  And I love the segue from Roadrunner to
NE... I wonder if this is the correct running order of
this show?

>>Maybe San Francisco '71 will be next.  Or Philly
'73.<<

I want more too, esp. a show before the Quad material
would start displacing WN. It's really interesting,
speaking as Whofan/historyPhD/archivist, to have this
package and see the evolution of the material... esp.
since the audience would not hear the album for three
to four months later!  Whoever Pete scolded for
dancing to BBE must have felt vindicated later.

Scott, your tape story is great.  What a record.  I
have a cassette I made at about the same age - written
in pencil on the label is "All 45s"  I know there's no
Who on it but there is Michael Nesmith's "JoAnne" and
a local Pdx wrestler-turned-singer, Beauregard,
"singing" Testify.  I've since learned that the 7"
picture sleeve single of the latter, which was one of
my prized possessions in 1970 (now lost) sells among
collectors for up to $400!  Once I get my CD Recorder
back together I'm going to migrate the cassette over
and spin it.

Cheers,
Ken, Rockin' in MD

=====