Re: Pete and "W"

I believe I've mentioned that The Who's music has a certain racial, Wagneresque quality. We certainly wouldn't want it to become the anthem of the new master race, now would we?

keets

Well, I think they left out the "meet the new boss, same as the old boss" line and faded out after the scream, or something like that. I hardly think Pete should take offense when his music is used to sell cars and allergy medicine. He really should lighten up. It was not a big enough deal for him to call Bush a cunt, and it would be awfully egotistical to think that somehow Bush wanted to imply that by playing the song he had Pete's endorsement. I doubt people saw the event and thought, "Wow, Pete Townshend supports W!"

Mc