Roger at RAH

Repost from Relayers:

The band announced as Roger, Paul Weller and friends opened
TCT night three. Roger played on two songs, TKAA <solo>,
just him and his J-200, and later, with harmonica, and vocals onMagic Bus.

He did some windmills on the TKAA 'solo' section, saying 'he's
much better at this than I am.....'. He said The Who had not done
TCT this year, '...but we will definitely be doing it next year'. He did
the extra verses, they sounded totally, and even more ad lib, than normal.

MB had Paul Weller, Noel Gallagher, Kelly Jones, on acoustic guitars, Gem Archer on a Paisley Fender Tele, and a percussionist who's name escapes us, (later!).

In order of appearance:
Roger,
Paul Weller
Noel Gallagher,
Gem Archer
A Percussionist
Kelly Jones

Set:
The Kids Are Alright
Talk Tonight
Shadow of the Sun
One Way Road
The Butterfly Collector
Size 9's
Traffic
Songbird
Magic Bus

Program has a full page ad for Who's Next Deluxe, and Stereo
A Quick One - 'available for the first time in Stereo' (sic)!
Vintage PT, KM, JAE, RD shot, full page Message from RD,
inside cover is a dedication of the week to JAE, two of pics from
last year, (JAE and action PT shots), a full page pic of JAE's
pink Fender Precision 'Frankenstein' in a Sotheby's ad, half page
ad for Rabbit's JAE Tribute CD, Roger requesting support for othe TCT
fundraising events, two pages of dedications. (In short <<lots>>
of Who content).

A funny thing happened on the way back to the box in the Grand Tier....
Kim bumped into Roger, all how are yous and so on, RD then discovered
he was locked out of the box he was in, (they lock from the inside, and
only attendants have keys). Fortunately, he was only two away from us, and we were able to shout to the occupants to let him in! Roger watched the complete Richard Ashcroft set - he put on quite a good show, actually.

K+L

Harmony and understanding
Sympathy and trust abounding
No more falsehoods or derisions