Re: ICSFM & WN-D review

>I missed that tour! Obviously, you mean '82 tour.

Scott:

Yeah, the video from that tour was called Who Rocks America. I passed on that tour, not wanting to dim the memory of seeing them with Moon in 1975.

>They probably tried it a few times in practice but soon found out that
they couldn't really pull it off live. Like I said, it's a difficult
song.

Maybe, but in my imaginary live version it sounds a lot like Young Man Blues.

>When you think about it, it's a pretty depressing, angry, pessimistic,
hopeless song!

I don't know...I think the chorus is pretty upbeat-sounding.

>I'm not saying that depressing songs never make it to the top of the
charts

Think: Pearl Jam. Nirvana. Alice In Chains. Soundgarden.

>I thought that it was common knowledge that the reason this song wasn't
played live was because of the multi layered harmonies and if I remember

Jon:

Never stopped The Who in the past, but it's not "common" knowledge since I haven't heard or seen it hinted at anywhere in 35 years!

>Oh yeah, and my own boy took his Tommy CD to class with him a few years back

I did something like that, in High School. The assignment was playing their favorite music, and (naturally) I used Tommy. Which was far more airtime than anyone else got, even as I skipped through explaining the story as I went.

>Great review, Mark. I certainly will.

Thanks! I did goof this time, though, because I forgot to mention they also left out these songs from Young Vic: Pinball Wizard, See Me Feel Me and Baby Don't You Do It.

"There is no way to peace. Peace is the way."
                               A.J. Muste

                 Cheers             ML