Re: ICSFM

In a message dated 3/25/2003 12:37:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sschrade@ascpl.lib.oh.us writes:

> Whether that warrants not playing the song live I don't know.

I thought that it was common knowledge that the reason  this song wasn't
played live was because of the multi layered  harmonies and if I remember
right, -and was not dreaming, Pete said it had 7 guitar parts.  Either he or
I may be exaggerating about this, but his point was that the reason they
didn't do it was due to the complexity of the song itself.  That is why it
was played in '89, because of the many people on stage. There is a lot of
sound to fill up.

BTW, My brother told me a story about when he did a pantomime along with it
in his 4th grade class at the catholic school back in 1967.  It went over
like a Led Zeppelin.  The nun then turned the 45 over and said "lets try the
other side" and he did Happy Jack, which the whole class loved.

Oh yeah, and my own boy took his Tommy CD to class with him a few years back
and played his favorite song which, at the time was "Underture" on music day.
 The kids didn't have the patients for that one either. He was perplexed at
why they didn't get it.      I told him to just get used to it.

Jon in Mi.