Re: Pete moves

In a message dated 3/19/2003 11:56:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Keithjmoon70@aol.com writes:

> Lots younger guys can't match the style or the height, either one.
>
> He is the master. Young or old.  What I also dig is his "guitar face".
> Lots
> of people, when they play guitar make an unusual face as they concentrate.
>
> Pete has that snarl.  Just seeing him play that guitar is what initially
> 'hooked' me as a youth to become a lifelong fan.  Pete Townshend is by far
> the coolest guitar player in the world.

guitarists have been copying his moves for years and they're still pretty
much doing that today. even Jimmy page was an imitator. i saw footage of him
when he was in the yardbirds. circa 1967 I believe, and he did a couple of
townshend moves.