Re: Something Trivial-but interesting

----- Original Message ----- From: "Schrade, Scott"
<sschrade@ascpl.lib.oh.us>

> So, instead of just saying "What a sight I must've been," Daltrey's mind
> jumped to the cliche' "a sight for sore eyes" & melded the two sayings
> together, incorrectly as it turns out for the meaning intended.

Glad I'm not the only one that's irritated by this sort of thing.  There's a
line in Live and Let Die that sounds like "but if this ever-changing world
in which we live in...", that absolutely makes me cringe.  It should be, and
quite possibly might be, "in which we're living", but it doesn't sound that
way.  How many people need to hear something before they say to an artist,
"you know, that doesn't really sound right."?

Jim M