Who references on Strummer's last album...

If i may squeeze my way in between the political back-biting & hurt feelings, a topic that has to do with... MUSIC!
Anyway, lately i've been listening to "Global A Go-Go", the album Joe Strummer put out with The Mescaleros in 2001, & i noticed two Who references:

In the title track, which names quite a few different artists in different parts of the world, there is this line - "Quadrophenia in Armenia/Armenia city in the sky." Best part of the second line is that Joe almost sound like Daltrey.
The last song is called "Minstrel Boy" (apparently a traditional song), and it's a long, mostly instrumental song. Joe pops up here & there with some spoken lines & towards the end he says, "This song is about Pete Townshend."

I thought these were kind of interesting & i wonder if there was any formal connection between Strummer & Townshend.

-cpb

Take a ride down the banal canal at
THE Experience:
http://www.geocities.com/jt_ia/CPB/CPB.html