who gets the final word

Hey you,

Look, what I was trying to say in my own theatrical way is that when me and
my ex fight, we never accomplish changing the other's mind, or repairing the
hurt feelings and resentment.  The more we try to end it, the sloppier it
gets.  After so many years of this, it is usually somewhat comical to me when
we eventually resort to a childish exchange of who can get the final "fuck
you" in.  I am not saying you guys have done that, but I wouldn't be
surprised if you did.  The bottom line is it takes maturity and compromise on
both sides to end a fight effectively.

Love,
Johanna

"Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could all be a little more gentle with each
other, and a little more loving, have a little more empathy, and maybe, we'd
like each other a little bit more." Judy Garland