Remember: It's all about the music

In a message dated 3/15/2003 7:30:18 PM Pacific Standard Time,
pkeets@hotmail.com writes:

> What happened with Jeff, BTW?  I really miss him now that I'm back on the
> list.  He was sort of my buddy in speculation.  I'm sure you guys got tired
>
> of the Broadway and kiddy tunes talk, but at least it kept politics off the
>
> list.  ;)

Are you talking of Jeff aka Whocasa
He was one of the first people to make me feel welcome here when he would do
his <Sicilian mandolin playing> spoof on the Godfather.  I loved it,
especially when he said something like should all my son's be born with big
noses like Pete <of course, I don't remember it word for word, but I swear he
wrote something along those lines>.  I loved that!!!

But, apparently ( I have no idea the details) he was hurt very, very deeply.
I know myself and others told him we missed him and wanted him back on the
list, but it became too painful for him.

I know I am guilty of throwing around some insults, mostly joking and
sarcastic, but nevertheless they can be hurtful and for that I apologize to
any I offended. But, if I didn't think we all had this strong bond in our
love for the Who (which obviously runs so passionate and deep, but is very
unique to each of us), I wouldn't feel comfortable enough to do a little
ribbing now and then.  I have a sense of humor that I think is misinterpreted
here, but I feel like "oh well, no one really reads most of what I write
anyway."

There has been a few times when it felt like people were mean spirited to me,
but they have been few and far between.  At this point, if I meant each and
every one of you, I'd give you a hug or a strong handshake and buy you a beer
(or a cup o' coffee).

To me, it all comes down to one thing that I cannot stress enough.  It is all
about the music, it is all about the music, it is all about the music.  I
only fear that the hurt feelings on this list might affect the love and good
feelings we have when we listen to our Who.  Lately, that has crossed my mind
a few times, and I have contemplated leaving the list for that reason.  But,
for now, I wanna hang with my buds here.

Sincerely,
Jo