Yawn... have to set the record straight with Kevin AGAIN... truce proposal

> Subject: Mac-Jump
Above personal attack from Kevin... FACT.  Prior one was Mac-clueless, I believe, but that could have been Mark.  I suppose name-calling is forbidden here unless directed at me.
Kevin writes:
> It was funny.
OK, I'm happy you thought so.  I hope you made others laugh at my expense.  That being said, since you have always made it abundantly clear how much you dislike me, forgive me if I don't take jokes you make about me in the best humor.  Think of your response if I made such a joke about you.
Mac writes: > >I was responding to a specific post of yours on Iraq.  It was certainly no> attack.>
Kevin writes:
> Dude, are you insane, or simply Forest Jump stupid?> I never said you attacked me.> *You're* the one who accused me of attacking others.> This, is a prime example of you lying via distortion and twisting facts.> You seem to operate in the same way tabloids do.> Say anything, and believe it will stick.> A quick blurb that will blur the truth.> I find this to be insulting to everyone reading.> They're not stupid Mac.> They follow this crap and can see for themselves.
For God's sake, in response to my comment about your unprovoked attacks on others (mainly me) you mentioned my naming you in two posts (which was only one post before your little joke.  My point was very clear that despite a mention of your name, I did not attack you personally yet YOU did attack me.  I never implied that you accused me of an attack.  This is YOU distorting another truth.  And you DO attack others, with two such examples in the last two days. > Don't you see the irony in my joke (me, who was posting political post after> another, telling *you* to shut up after Paul sends his post)?> Given the Gumpness you're showing, I'm not surprised it flew right over your> head.> Jesus, you're beyond me.
I got the joke, I just didn't care for it.  It's like that obnoxious new employee who comes to work and immediately starts making little insulting jokes to fellow employees he doesn't know very well.  They don't often find them funny even when they get them.  Had you addressed the "Shut up" to Mark, he would have taken it as a friendly jab and laughed.  You and I are not friendly so I didn't laugh.
Mac writes: > >I will admit that I did mention your name in the political debate that one> time,
Kevin writes:
> That's all I was saying, so then don't go saying that my name wasn't> mentioned (see above statement on Mac-tabloid distortion).> And, it was twice, and in direct response to my posts (more fact distorting> lies).
I admitted that I made an error of fact in stating that I hadn't mentioned you in a post.  That doesn't make it a lie OR a distortion.  I have NEVER lied on this list.  Everyone makes errors from time to time.  It doesn't make them lies.  Your characterization of them as lies is the real distortion.
Mac writes:
> >You have been ripping me on this list for a long time
Kevin writes: > I've been poking at you.  And really, you bring it on yourself with the way> to state things, distort, rip on others in subject headers, call people> names, and otherwise act like a violent juvenile instead of the teacher you> purport to be.
I admit that at first I wasn't really aware of the way things worked on this list, and really thought it was sort of a trash-talking message board like many others.  I was an instigator, but was man enough to apologize and change my ways.  I learned, however, that it wasn't such a board and that while engaging often in jocularity, those on this list take things seriously.You have been here for years but have yet to rise above that.    I have changed my behavior entirely and I have not engaged in any of the things you accuse me of for almost a year and a half.  I have defended myself on a number of occasions against the likes of people like you, but have never been the instigator of any of it.
> God help our students.
I don't teach anymore and am preparing for law school, but I still have students who seek my help with college courses and papers, and I always do everything I can for them.  Many of those who come to Who Are They shows are former students who are loyal to me.  Most students never speak to their teachers after graduating from high school.
Mac writes:> > >(blocking me from your e-mail, etc)
Kevin writes:
> I'll come right out and say that I won't ever forget how you kept slamming> me at home.> Nope, won't do it.> I had never experienced such a blatant attack ever, and have never since.> Only you.> And, you can lie here on list and say it was only once, but the *truth* is> that you sent at *least* a half-dozen insane, blathering, ranting E-mails> *FULL* of name calling and down right fucked-up behavior to my home in-box> after I told you to stop.
You most certainly attacked me first in the wake of Jeff House's complaints about me and subsequent resignation from the list, blah, blah, blah.  However, the TRUTH is that whatever dispute we had was not instigated by me, and my e-mailing you privately was an attempt to settle it off list.  You pissed me off just as I obviously pissed you off.  However, your replies were filled with attacks and name-calling followed by, "do not e-mail me again."  I may have sent one (maybe two, but I don't think so) e-mail after your request, but it was simply in an attempt to get a resolution to the situation.  You weren't interested and that's your prerogative.  You really do need to stop bringing up things that happened over a year ago.  If you want to discuss distortion, how about your characterization of my personal e-mails as  somehow invading your home and exposing your family to my venomous attacks, as if your wife or kids routinely read through your private e-mails.
> Try and fool everyone here all you want, but the truth is the truth.> I hadn't been so angry at someone on list ever.  Had I met you in person at> a concert, it would have been ugly.
Dude, you need to relax A LOT.  Wanting to beat someone up at a concert because he sent a couple of e-mails to you that you didn't like?  Who are you, Yosemite Sam?
> But, I'm sure you'll paint this as me again bringing it all up, when the> *truth* is that you keep reminding all how I've blocked your E-mail address.> In light of the truth, I don't think anyone could possibly blame me.
I only mentioned it in reference to how much you dislike me.  You are the one who has to tell the whole story AGAIN.
Mac writes:
 >And let's see, exactly where did I use curse words to make something seem> true?
I still don't know how a curse word is used to make something sound true.  This is a nonsensical statement.
Kevin writes: > Hey, you're the one that mentions history.  It is your > legacy.> Or, were you just trying to invite me to a Hockey game?
ON LIST!  When was the last time I used a curse word to create some false sense of veracity in a statement HERE?  This makes no sense.  I may have cursed in one of those secret e-mails I sent you, but it was probably because I was mad at you, not to "distort" or "lie."  BTW, you still have not stated even one instance in all the posts I have ever made here where I have lied.
> > >That's asinine.> > Only one thing asinine around here...........> Go punch yourself in the face.
And the personal attacks and name-calling continue.  Despite these attacks, I have not in ANY posts during this or any thread in the past year engaged in the kind of pre-emptive name-calling used by Kevin and Mark against me.  They continue to deal in insults and I deal in facts and ideas.  This is an objective truth which can not be refuted.
Mac
PS- I would suggest that we negotiate some sort of truce OFF-LIST and put this entire conflict to rest.  I promise, cross my heart, hope to die, and would never lie that I will not make any sort of attack or use a curse word of any kind in an e-mail I send you if you will un-block me for the sole purpose of ending this ridiculous rivalry.  This is the olive branch I am offering.  If I attack or curse in an e-mail I send you, you can send a copy of it to Keets or Schrade and if they ask me to resign forever from the list, I will do so, no questions asked.  I think in one e-mail apiece we can settle this once and for all.