Re: Moon vs Watts????

> If Charlie Watts of the Rolling Stones lacks Moon's flamboyance and his
> talent for self-destruction, musically he is the dead
> drummer's master.
---

From: Sroundtable@aol.com

OK, no disrespect to Watts, but this is an absolutely INSANE remark.

Watts was an extremely good drummer, even exceptional, but wasn't even second best in his role with the Stones.

Jagger and Richards were and are both better at what they do than Watts.

---

The edited comments made above by *mc* regarding Charlie Watts are
completely absurd...

On a technical basis...combined with superiour versatility, Charlie
Watts is damn near the supreme British Pop, Rock, Blues and Jazz
drummer of the last 40+ years.

However, *if* I were to ever have my choice of any living OR dead
musician to play drums for a band I were to lead, my first and last
choice would be Keith John Moon ... hands down!

Simon Phillips, Ginger Baker, Zak Starkey and Carl Palmer would be
alternate choices.

Watts' credibility has never been questioned by the *educated rock
audience.*

Watt's talent lies in the subtle and sublime.

Moon's natural, insane, fanatical, spontaneous value as a *pop/rock* drummer goes without question by *all.*

Moon's talent lies in the ridiculous.

Final tally: Moon's THE BEST ! ! !

~AnEnglishBoy~