Re: A friend thought you might be interested in this article

Okay, you're right.  I send 'em a nasty letter.  ;)

keets

> That one looks pretty decent.

You think so? I thought that article had a very negative slant.

Examples (words & phrases highlighted by me):

"Townshend reportedly set to *elude* child-porn charges"

"Pete Townshend may *get off* with a caution,..."

"British police are drafting plans that would *allow* Pete Townshend to
end his Internet child-porn case *without facing fines or jail time,...*

From these statements one gets the sense that "he's guilty of all original charges (the "eluding"), he's not receiving a strict enough sentence (he's going to "get off"), & the cops are *letting* Pete ("allowing" him) to escape more serious charges "without facing fines or jail time" (the punishment he apparently deserves).

Ugh. It seems like each of these little snippet-articles that keep popping up have their own little shade of truth or untruth about them. Maybe we should start cataloging them & ranking them according to "spin." Who wants to get started on that?