Pete's rehab

I think it is extremely important that after this legal mess is resolved, Pete do a number of high profile music/interview appearances to explain his side of the story.

He must admit to whatever law he technically broke, and explain exactly the circumstances regarding it.  He should go on Letterman, Leno, Conan, etc and play a song, then sit down and get it all out there.  Hugh Grant did it and Rob Lowe did it and their careers are in great shape.

Pete should do it for the simple reason that the VAST majority of people have no clue as to what happened other than he was arrested for child porn and claims he did it for research.  Each time someone asks me about it, I explain about his auto-bio, his belief that he had been abused as a young boy, his crusade against child porn on his own site, his e-mails to the IWF subsequent to his viewing of the porn site, the fact that he turned himself in, and the fact that he voluntarily invited police to search his home and his computers and found nothing.  Each time they say, "Wow, I didn't know about all that.  I feel much better about it after hearing all that."

Pete HAS to do this if he want to restore what he can of his reputation among people who are no more than casual Who listeners.  It is also a must if he intends to follow through on plans to work on new The Who material with Roger.  Roger should insist on it, in fact.

Mc