Re: Media helping paedophiles escape charges, say police

>>Assistant Chief Constable Jim Gamble, of the
National Crime Squad, who is running Britain's biggest
police inquiry, codenamed Operation Ore, fears that
suspects tipped off by the press may have already
destroyed their computers and other evidence.<<

Umm, excuse me Mr. Policeman.  But how, exactly, did
the press obtain any names, especially one such as Mr.
Townshend's which WAS NOT on the list distributed to
local police forces last year of the most dangerous
suspects, unless it was LEAKED by someone in Operation
Ore?  Operation Ore and the NCS are the only ones
holding that list.

Yes, the press should take their lumps, but even the
tabloids have been reserved by their standards.  Seems
to me the police should look to put their own house in
order before throwing rocks at someone else's.

Ken

=====
I SUPPORT PETE TOWNSHEND.
NO 'What Ifs' NECESSARY.