pete's credit card

> Pete admitted to using his credit card to enter a
> site; that to me says he paid for access.  Simply
> viewing the images, without downloading, is enough in
> the eyes of the law.
>
> Ken in MD

There are sites which require credit card card info to verify age but don't actually charge the person with the card.  It's very common.  It is possible that Pete gave this info to browse a table of contents of sorts with a few sample photos and descriptions, and did not pay for access.  This is a tactic used by such sites to make a person more willing to take a "risk free" look, then actually purchase membership, since the credit card info is already entered and the customer will only have to click a single button to join at that point.

Mc