Re: "Violence/It's the only thing that will make you see sense... "

>>Also, since he was doing research for a book that
deals with child porn and his own possible abuse, it
would seem that he fits the "for legitimate purposes"
clause.<<

>There is no such clause in UK or US law.  A respected
>journalist in the Washington DC tried this defense a
>couple years back and he got 18 months in prison and a
>lifetime place on the sex offenders lists.
That guy turned out to have done some really in depth research, though. He had hung out in chatrooms and made overtures to kids and had a bunch of stuff on his computer when he was busted. I guess the jury decided he'd gotten a little too far into his research role.

Regarding progress in the Operation Ore prosecutions, someone reported on TheShout that a UK school teacher had gotten off with a warning by using the defense he was preparing an anti-child porn website. Reportedly the hard drive search indicated he had visited about eight sites. I think I saw an article on this in passing, but I didn't read it carefully.

Pete has his anti-child porn material out there already, and according to the leak report, they're not finding anything on his computers. That's a good sign. Hopefully he'll get off without even charges.

keets