Re: pete jokes: my views

But it's also very human to be wary of cult-like behavior.  Hence, your
dad's combativeness.  We have to understand where people like your dad
are coming from.  And ultimately we have to face the fact that it's not
the fault of people like your dad that we're in this situation.  It's
Pete's.
And also whoever leaked the fact his name was on "the list," and the tabloids and other media that spread the smear around before checking up on the man. There seems to be an injustice there, which is where we got involved.

If this had been handled privately between Pete and the police, then we might never have heard of the problem and gone merrily on our way. Once the papers got the story, though, it became a public opinion battle. Unfortunately, people like Anna's dad might never believe in Pete's innocence, even after he's cleared. This makes me wonder a little why some people are so willing to believe the accusations.

For one thing, there may still be a remnant of revolution about Rock 'n' Roll so that some people are happy to see the greats discredited. And for another thing, The Who still have an attitude that annoys people. Also, I think The Who are a symbol and regardless of the personal failings of the band members, this will continue. Like Roger says, The Who will go on.

keets