Re: scary stuff

I really don't think that Kevin or Scott are scary, they are just responding to news and posts by Pete.

Maybe I should drop in here to clarify. I didn't mean to imply that Kevin and Scott are scary. Just feeling angry at Pete doesn't mean they're going to jump him at the next concert and demand an apology, or stalk him around his neighborhood or anything like that. There are some other fans who also report that it's difficult to defend Pete's actions in this case. It's led me to think about it a little, and I think the best answer I can come up with in one paragraph is that Pete is one of those artists who can predict the future. When he was concerned about this in 1997, he was predicting the concern that we're feeling about the issue today, and also the concerns that law enforcement is dealing with now.

Anyway, I might as well post what I was referring to as "scary." Hold on to your hats here, and check their "celebrity" list:

http://www.redwatch.net/noncewatch/

If nothing else, this should give us a feel for what Pete is dealing with, and who he's talking to when he mentions he's got a bodyguard. If anyone would like to write to these guys in Pete's defense, I've got a couple of email addresses:

noncewatch@xxxxxxxxxxxx

admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I'd suggest polite, reasonable communications of your feelings about Pete and what he's done for fans and for children's charities, etc. I've chatted back and forth with a couple or three of the guys there, and they're very rightist but also seem genuinely concerned about child welfare.

keets