Re: Why Water??

Whenever I hear "The Sea Refuses No River", It is hard to listen to because
to me it is backwards. We "go down" to the sea. (Like in drowned, but the
concept of love in that song is beautiful) It is in effect calling God "The Sea",
which according to the bible is not the case because that is not positive.

He may be talking in symbolic terms, as in becoming one with the sea of humanity, or about returning to our source, as all life originated in the sea. The sea gave birth to us, so it was standing in for God in that instance. Also, according to the "God is the Universe" theory, then a return to any aspect of nature is to join with God.

keets