Re: RAH 2000 CD

The RAH 2000 CD arrived today. It's in a large, double jewel case rather than a digipack. The box itself is housed in a cardboard slip case which has the same front and rear pictures as the jewel case, but does have on the top and bottom edges a selection of small pictures from the concert featuring photo's of the Who with the various guest performers.

The three discs all bear the same print, a solid colour (disc 1 is yellow, disc 2 is red, disc 3 is amber) and each hasd the same logo, a picture of an access all areas pass with strap.

The booklet is very minimal, effectively it repeats the row of photos on the top and bottom edge of the slip case.

There are a few credits, and a short piece on the work of the TCT, which is repeated on the inner front jewel case liner.

On the rear jewel case liner is a photo from the stage with Roger, Pete, various other artistes and a group of young people. Those who were at the show will remember who they were and why tthey were being applauded.

I haven't had a chance to listen to all of it yet - sound wise, it sounds fine to me, but that means bugger all in the grand scheme of things as I have neither the "hi fi" equipment nor the ears to determine how sonically perfect CD's are.

Let's just say that John seems up in the mix, and the audience in between songs are mixed well down. Pete and Roger's stage banter seems to have survived intact, too.

Jon Astley and Bob Pridden were involved in the mixing and mastering, though.

The limited edition triple CD will go on sale in the UK from 30th June at around #14 to #17.99 depending on where you shop; it's on the SPV label, there's no indication on the CD that any portion of the selling price will be donated to the TCT, but I can't imagine that none will.

All in all, albeit a couple of years down the line, a worthy official ending to the y2k tour, and whether by coincidence or design, the pictures prominently feature John Alec Entwistle.

Cheers,

John