Re: Why Water??

> This whole water thing is a bit scary to me, as I have always been
> intrigued with this prevalent theme in Pete's writings. For Scott to
> see the same thing just gives me chills.

It needn't give you chills (holy shit, I just used the word "needn't!").
The water imagery is really hard to miss in Pete's writing.  It crops up
a lot.

> Don't take what I am going to say as some religious dogma, please.

Don't worry.  You & I are currently in a cease fire, Jon.  ;-)  Plus, like
I said, with all this water/spiritual imagery, we're *sailing* (sorry)
straight into your territory.

> What worries me is that he is focused more on the sea than the River.
> He doesn't seem to know the difference, but he is not letting it go.

Aren't you being a little too literal in your interpretation here?  It'd
be hard for humans to completely *avoid* the sea.  Even God-fearing humans.

- SCHRADE in Akron