Re: C'mon, Give Me Good Water

> The sea refuses no river - All the best cowboys have chinese eyes
> I think this song resumes all the Pete's philosophy concerning water,
> don't you?

Yes, that's a big part of it.  If you've ever seen the CHINESE EYES
video EP, there's a segment where Pete is walking along the Thames
river &, in a voice over, he talks about his fascination with the river
& how he loves to just sit & watch it.

He says, as others have said over the years, that the river represents
a consistency.  An ongoing & unstoppable force.  Similar to the constant
flow of time.

He goes on to say that the sea always unfailingly accepts what the river
brings to it.  Never questioning, always accepting.  Pete sees spirit-
uality represented in the ongoing flow of rivers, & the accepting quality
of oceans & seas.

Obviously, spirituality isn't my strong suit, so perhaps Jon could shed
further light on this matter.

- SCHRADE in Akron