Re: C'mon, give me good water; Pete to infinity

	>From: Impeachthebastid
	>Subject: Re: C'mon, give me good water; Pete to infinity
>
>STILL! The topic that won't go away, one of the most distasteful I've ever seen on this list.

And that's *our* fault??

>Kevin:
>
>Yep, and here we are six months later having gained no ground in any direction, and discussing >little else.

Yes, but this story, this chapter in Who-dom and Pete-dom has been progressing over these months.
Surely you can agree that this is one of the most important occurrences in The Who's life, right up there with Keith and John's death, Cincinnati, etc.
I mean, how can you not when this situation could potentially cause the end of The Who and Pete's career.

>I applaud Scott for coming up with these games, and the others for introducing a different
>topic from time to time,

Me as well.

>but if you look at the body of the list it's mostly about how Pete was right, Pete was wrong, it >doesn't matter either way, blah blah blah.

Doesn't that tell you that listers feel it's important to discuss?
Plus, it helps many sort through the confusing thoughts and feelings.

>Bottom line: Pete wasn't guilty.

Guilty of what?  He was guilty of breaking the law by visiting the site, and paying.  I never once thought he was guilty of being a pedophile.

>That doesn't change the fact that we are giving it CPR.

That's not true.
It lives on it's own.  I didn't write Pete's diary entries.  No one here wrote the press articles.  We are merely observers who discuss it on the side.  Do you believe that Pete, the Police, and the press are reading our posts and thus staying interested?
And really, when something in the story changes or happens, we discuss it for a day or three, and then it dies down.

I don't know, I just don't see this whole calamity as a non-issue, or not a big deal.
I believe it's one of the most devastating things to happen to Pete, and thus The Who to some extent.

Kevin in VT