Re: Karma and sin

In a message dated 6/25/2003 9:33:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
sschrade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Goodness, order, &beauty can still exist in the universe, they just
> don't need to be sanctioned or sponsored only by religion.

I don't subscribe to religion.  That is "talk" about God without God Himself.

Goodness order and beauty come directly from God.  He is a God of purpose and
is keeping everything together. In physics there is the 2nd Law of
Thermodynamics, which says that any physical system left to itself will decay and become
disorderly. Yet, the processes that operate in the universe remain highly
organized.  There is order and design in everything we see.  Just thoughtfully
consider your own hand.  It is astounding how well it is designed.

Contrary to the above natural law, there is a powerful organizing force
counteracting this disorganizing tendency within nature.  This force must not be
material, for it too would become disordered.  There is a God controlling
everything.

>A universe without purpose doesn't equate to a universe filled with
sin & debauchery. That's a reactionary conclusion made by people who
are afraid of death & the possibility of no afterlife.

There *is* sin and debauchery.  Who could possibly refute that?  What are you
implying about Pete?  Why are you demanding an apology from him?  What is
that?

I'll state my view on this and hopefully not come across as imposing it.

We were created by God and since we were made in His image and likeness,
there is a sense in us that corresponds to Him. We demand order. This is our core
being.

There is an enemy that ruined man.  He injected his very nature into man in
the fall.  There is no one that does not sin. We know what sin is because of
our conscience (part of our spirit) and the outward law of God that makes it's
demands and testifies of what kind of God He is.  We are unable to entirely
keep this law due to the overwhelming power of sin that rises up within us when
we try to. When we try to 'be good" it will defeat us.  This law makes us want
to resist God.  Check your experience. There is the "law" of sin and death
that can only be overcome by a higher law. Just like the law of gravity has to be
overcome by a law of aerodynamics for an airplane to fly.

In this universe there is another law called "The Law of the Spirit of Life"
that overcomes the law sin and death everytime. This is the good news and it's
not just some book knowledge to me.  Every life has a law.  This law comes
with the Life of God.  To receive the benefit if this law, one must ask for it.
God never imposes Himself on anyone. However, this is the view only from the
negative side. God's original purpose was not to merely save man from sins.

Back to Who...
>Pete needs a bodyguard to walk around his neighborhood for fear of being
attacked! I really can't see him placing a high priority on Who tours
at the moment.

Has anyone heard what Roger himself is saying?  They *are* making the album
and they *are* touring in 04.  Maybe that is what Pete is so busy doing.

>...Pete's given Roger more than just photocopies of his
two cryptic diary entries as an explanation for his actions. I'd be
willing to bet Roger even got an apology for the grief he was put through.

Roger is cool with him, so I am too.  He didn't put me through that much
grief anyhow.  I accept what he did from why he did it.  He messed up. He admitted
it.

>I'm still pissed. I love the man. I love his music.
I always will. But I'm pissed at him for causing this whole mess & then
acting like he wasn't responsible for, or didn't deserve, what followed.

Understood.  But as pissed as you are at having to watch it, try to imagine
having so many do to you what was done to him (and we don't have any idea what
the enormity of that is) and then have fans immediately demand apologies for
how *they* feel.  I'm going to give him time and much needed slack.

Jon in Mi.