Re: agree and disagree

Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 17:48:17 -0600
From: Steve <seeker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

How about knowing that the best part of your career and talent are behind
you?

Good points all Steve, except for this one, which caught my attention. As to talent, I saw no evidence that either John's talent or playing ability were declining, or that he thought they were. As to the best part of his career being behind him, that's at least debatable. I never asked him about it. You could say the glory days of The Who were behind them in 2002, but even that isn't clear. Two new songs in the can, a new album a strong rumor, and a return to the blazing balls-out rock that was The Who in their prime, evidenced by the English dates in February 2002, (which I believe was John's precondition for touring with The Who)...not marks of a band in decline, in my book.

Cheers,
--
Alan
"That's unbelievable, if that's true"