New Pete Diary

Pete's new diary entry.
Kevin in VT

23 June 2003 Shut up Pete!
I know a lot of people must be wondering why I have not made any kind of statement since the resolution of my case with the police. I feel very good, supported by so much love from all around me. I am free to get out and about in my home town and most people greet me warmly. In any case, in the background I have a very cool and experienced bodyguard. I know now I can continue to work in my studio on music, and I am writing all the time. I can also quietly continue to do my work funding treatment for the surviving victims of childhood sexual abuse and other worthy causes.
I have amassed a huge amount of information about the issue of child-abuse and the way damage has recently been spreading via the internet. This research has been gathered over thirty years. Obviously in my case, forewarned and forearmed, I was concerned for a number of years in anticipation of awful problems the 'miracle' of the internet might pose when it finally reached the billions of homes it touches today. I also still have a buzzing head full of opinions, anger, frustration and energy I want to bring to bear on the authorities and treatment charities who I once thought needed my ideas.
Without my help, work is being done today by good people who are fighting hard to combat both the spread of sewage on the internet and the terrible psychological effect that could have on the minds of the children of the future. Every time it occurs to me to say something about what is going on I remember what happened to me: I was arrested, suspected of wallowing in the very shit that most upset me. It sends a clear and loud message.
What is clear is that I must learn to keep silent and focus my energies elsewhere.