Re: who are they update

In a message dated 6/9/2003 2:53:01 PM Eastern Standard Time, TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> Mc:
>
> You've been at this for almost a year.  I have a couple of questions
> for you if you don't mind.
>
> Who is the leader of your band?
> Who makes the set list?
> Do you own all of your equipment including PA, Soundboard, etc.?
> Do you have any roadies yet?
>
> My last question relates to your physical appearance.  Do
> any
> of you try to look like The Who with cloths, mannerisms, or
> certain equipment?   The equipment can give you a Who sound
> as well as a Who look.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe in Philly  -  Just curious.

Well, I am unquestionably the leader of the band as well as lead singer and I make the setlists.  None of us resemble the members of the Who at all, except that if I permed my hair and dyed it blonde I could look like Daltrey (add shaving body).  I do a whole lot of Daltrey mannerisms, including mike swinging and those windmill-ish arm swings.  I also have started doing split jumps and other jumps like Pete, just without a guitar.  Our rhythm guitarist has been working on windmills with limited success, and he does some jumping.

We have no PA system for shows, nor lights.  We have a few microphones and two mike stands.  We have no money, either, so getting hiwatt amps to produce more of a Who sound isn't plausible right now.  Actually, I sort of enjoy putting our own mark on many of the songs, giving some of them a bit of a different feel.