Off beat News

MUNICH, Germany (Reuters) -- Mick Jagger, staring 60 in the face, lamented
the lack of women's lingerie thrown on stage at a Rolling Stones concert in
Germany -- but said a few pairs of men's underpants were hurled from the crowd.

Jagger, 59, said Thursday there seemed to be fewer women in the crowd than
usual at the start of the European leg of the Rolling Stones "40 Licks" tour in
Munich's Olympia Hall Wednesday.

"It was all men," Jagger said at a news conference, noting a lamentable
absence of women's lingerie thrown from the audience. However, he said he did see a
few pairs of large men's underpants on the stage.

"I don't know what that says," Jagger said, laughing. "They left all the
girls at home or whatever, I don't know. Usually we get a few bits of underwear on
the stage. Last night there were a few Y-fronts."

Y-front is a British term for men's briefs.