Peter Grant/Willie Dixon

>>I was watching some of the Zep DVD last night and the publishing
>>credits for Whole Lotta Love were actually listed as
>>Bohnham/Jones/Page/Plant/Dixon. First time I've seen Willie Dixon's
>>name officially in the credits for that one.....
>
>Sounds like their guilty consciences and/or a few decades' worth of
>critics finally caught up with them.
>
>Cheers,
>- --
>Alan

Wasn't a lot of the cloak and daggerism regarding Zep's omissions
regarding Willie Dixon tunes and Muddy Waters (interpetations of Dixon
tunes) direct results of Peter Grant's thug tactics?  I've been under
the impression through articles and interviews and such, that Grant was
a complete gangster and master of intimidation.  It seems in character
to me that he would be directly involved in the theft of other people's
work, ie Whole Lotta Love/You Need Love.  And didn't I read that Peter
Grant is no longer among the living?

I would guess that maybe it isn't "guilty consciences" but Grant's
looming influence is no more.  Maybe?  If Peter is still alive and
kicking, I guess that throws my whole theory off though.

And speaking of Willie Dixon, I've met his family and attended his
funeral in Chicago a few years back.  His daughter told me that Willie
had to fight for song recognition/royalties many, many times.  I guess
more than a few artists stole his lyrics/music and tried to slink away
without giving credit.  Outside of Chess Records, he was constantly
being ripped off.  His family has established the Blues Heaven
Foundation taking some of those royalties past due, and funneling it
into this foundation to support blues artists.  Good for them.

Jim in Colorado