Re: Thanking Phoenix Survivors

>From: Keithjmoon70@
>Subject: Re: Thanking Phoenix Survivors
>
>I'll thank them if they manage to help get him off that list.

They're trying to do that now.  Can you list anyone else that is trying to
do this?
Gee, then why not send them a "fuck you" E-mail?  You've got the address.

> That would be
>the best thing that could happen.

Obviously.

>What they say helps or hurts Pete because of the pull they have,

And why do you think that is, Jon?  Because they have a loud voice?  Because
they are a political force?
It's because they represent the actual victims of this all.
Hello!

>but it
>doesn't affect what I think about him one way or the other.

Well, I personally think what the victims feel is the one *most* important
consideration in this whole mess.
If the victims still felt strongly against Pete given everything they *now*
know, I would hope Pete would consider that seriously.
I know I did, and would.

>I'm proud of him and the way he has handled himself throughout this
horrible debacle, even though he
>made the mistake.
>
>They owed this to Pete. He owes them or us fans nothing. He's already done
>the giving and is *paying* for it unfairly.

Depends on whether you want to take a "fuck off, all of ya" approach (real
helpful that's been and would be right now), or the more conciliatory
approach or reaching out and joining forces.
Some times, swallowing pride brings much greater returns.

>His "Free but branded" post was just fine by me

You're in disagreement with those responsible for convincing Pete to remove
it from his web site within a few hours of posting it.  I tend to think that
Pete doesn't remove things he's written without having the final say.....or
in this case, agreement.  That's all assuming that Pete didn't just decide
to retract on his own.
Either way, you're in disagreement with Pete himself.

Kevin in VT