Re: The Who-Zep connection

>shouldn't the who put out a DVD of rare concert footage and TV appearances like zeppelin did?

Joel:

Easier said than done. Usually it's a matter of "all parties getting together." The band owns the rights to the music, the company which produced it owns the performance footage, and perhaps the station which broadcast it (if different from the production company) and the owners of the actual show itself...get the picture? Many value their share higher than it is feasible to make a profit when released.

I've been told of lots of Who live footage out there...like what's on TKAA movie, but the entire sets...but where is it? We know they filmed all of Woodstock, all of Monterey Pop, but we've seen only a fraction.

>The Who and Zep camps didn't particularly care for each

Kevin:

By all accounts I've seen, at least Bonham liked Moon. Page it appears disliked Pete, and Pete certainly disliked Talmy who was Page's friend (could have started the rift) and resented him bringing Page in to play on I Can't Explain.

> also that there must have been bad feelings upon learning that Keith and John were set to leave The Who and join Zep.

That was never really considered. They weren't "set" to leave, they were approached and rejected it out of hand. Moon made the dismissive statement then and there, although some accounts have John saying it.

Cheers             ML
      An American loses his or her job every 30 seconds
          under Bush, 2.8 million jobs lost so far.