Re: Noncewatch

What do you make of this statement?

"We don't see the value to labeling Townsend a sex offender."

I interpret it as Keith does. What I make of that statement is that they want him to go to jail. They don't think merely putting Pete on a register is going to do anything toward curbing or eliminating his sick-bastard true inclinations, which he has regrettably managed to mask well enough to avoid jail time. They are comforted, however, by the thought that the has "a lifetime left of a reputation for checking out child porn."

Well, maybe I've mis-interpreted their post. It is interestingly ambigugous, though.

"Five years on the Sex Offender Registry Board is nothing!"

Sure sounds like they're sorry he didn't get more severe penalties. I don't know what dialogue's been going on between them and any IGTC'ers but to me it reads like they've decided Pete is one that got away :-P.

I've been chatting with them a bit about Pete. One thing about their reaction to Pete, they seem to have a class based reaction to his wealth and maybe his status as an intellectual--this may be the difference in their reaction to him vs. R. Kelly and G. Glitter that another list has pointed out--they're more opinionated about Pete. However, I do think they've spllit hairs on this post--their facts are correct and their opinion is unclear.

keets