Letter from Pete

I don't recall seeing this on the list.
Sorry if it's a dup.
Kevin in VT
GO LANCE!!

July 2003 Letter from Pete
The Daily Mail newspaper in the UK ran a story today that Pete has hired bodyguards due to threats he has received. Pete has written the following in response:

Dear sir,

In today's Daily Mail (Tuesday 8th July) there is an article which states that I walk this neighbourhood in fear of my life, that I receive abuse and death threats and go nowhere without a bodyguard.

None of this is true. No fear. No abuse. No death threats. No bodyguard (my driver is a big bloke, but I often walk around Richmond alone).

Thank you all for your decency,

Pete Townshend
Matt