Re: GO LANCE (No Who)

>From: Joe Lewinski
>Subject: Re: GO LANCE (No Who)
>
>> GO LANCE!
>
>I caught Monday's stage on OLN yesterday afternoon/evening.
>I had goose bumps.

One of the most incredible stages in the most incredible tour.
Unbelievable!

>There are so many great things about
>this event and this sport, but the I believe that the greatest
>is the fact that the super stars have to put out.  They cannot
>just sit in their little cocoon and be king.  They have to
>put it on the line.   I dig that!   It's like The Who playing
>live.

Hey!  You got some WHO here!
As the announcers would say...they have to go "mano e mano" (sp?).
What I also like is the sportsmanship on top of the putting it on the line.
Bust your ass, yet don't lose sight of the bigger picture of sportsmanship
and honor.
Not many sports can claim that.

>I was on the Champs-Elysees when Greg LeMond won in 1989, coming
>from behind in the final time trial.   What a thrill!

Wow!
That must have been awesome.

I used to be a LeMond fan.  My fandom was dented at his complaints at having
to pull back that one tour to help his teammate, and was absolutely
destroyed when he eagerly jumped on the Lance Dope` band wagon.  He showed
little class there.

Kevin in VT