Re: Roger - Amex Publicist?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Schrade, Scott"

> Wasn't Roger in an American Express Card commercial back in the '80s?
> Or was that a wristwatch commercial.  Bulliva?  Bollocks?

I can't vouch for this, but a quick google search revealed:

http://kathy.hispeed.com/musicexpress85.html

"But after Pete's announcement that The Who would no longer tour at the end
of 1982, and some on-stage punch ups between Pete and Daltrey, their
relationship languished. Roger produced one solo album he said would be his
last, then vanished into the countryside, emerging only to make the odd TV
commercial for American Express."

Jim M