Re: Subject: The First Pay-Per-View

> My question is were The Who the first group to
> ever do a pay per view concert? I thought the
> Chicago 79 show was the first for The Who.
>
> Anyone here know?
>
> Thanks, Jeff

I don't know who the first band was to do a pay per view.
The Chicago show in 79 was simulcasted at different theaters
through out Chicagoland I think there were nine theaters
showing the event. Thats who the band was saying hello to
throughout the night. It wasn't a pay per view but more like
people payed admission at theaters and saw the simulcast.
I suppose that could be considered pay per view, just not like
we do it today.

VF