Re: Bleedin' Quadrophenic

I thought it was the goings on, on the list, that was making me sick, but it
turns out I have a nasty flu bug.

But, since the kids are playing and out of my hair, I will respond to Jim's
question stated below:

In a message dated 07/17/2003 9:55:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
james.sigel@xxxxxx writes:

> How do you ladies relate to Quad?  I'm honestly curious.
> Jim,
>
> I too, was 12-13 when I was introduced to Quadrophenia.  But, I feel like
> even at that young age, I had a strong understanding of what it was about.  I
> feel this because I still feel and understand it the same way as I did during
> those young years of mine.
>
> I was a popular but troubled young lady who was rebelling to the nines.
> Whiskey, pot, cigarettes, some pills and sex where the things that kept me
> occupied during that time <even with that I was an honor student, head cheerleader
> and very active in local film and theatre projects>.  When I think of
> Quadrophenia during those days and how it effected me, I remember a sunny summer
> day and my best friend riding with me on the handle bars laughing, drunk and
> looking for "leapers".
>
> During my private times, with my Who music, specifically Quadrophenia, I
> remember completely identifying with the concept of 4 personalities within
> myself. I also matched them up with the personalities of the members of the Who,
> each having there own song or "theme".
>
> I guess there is one song that I can completely relate  with now, more then
> when I was younger and that is......"Can you see the real me?"........"I went
> back to my doctor, to get another shrink (and "mother, I said I'm crazy ma
> help me!" and "Preacher, full of lies and hate")......those are places I have
> searched for answers as to why I am who I am, feel the way I feel, go through
> the things I go through and love/hate the way I do. Do you have to be just
> like Jimmy to relate to Quadrophenia?  I don't think so.   I want to fit in
> and feel "normal", the same way Jimmy (Pete) wants to. But, I think that is
> somewhat of a universal desire, for the most part, that we all can relate too.

Johanna <who just revealed a tiny yet relevent part of my soul>