IOW edits

Scott:

>I had a friend transfer The Who's IOW show from the Japanese laser disc

>to video & he kindly tacked on "Naked Eye" from the IOW film that has
other
>bands on it.

That's what friends are all about, and you've got a good one if he/she
was thoughtful enough to add Naked Eye to the mix.  That Naked Eye
performance is spellbinding, isn't it?

Kevin:

>It must be pretty confusing to the average fan to see Pete smash his
equipment,
>walk off stage, and then there they are again launching into Tommy.

That's bothered me every time I've seen the video, because you KNOW the
ending, how it ended, why it ended but it's out of order!  Isn't there
an anecdote in the cd's liner notes from Ray Manzarek regarding the
ending of Magic Bus?  Pete's guitar broke and he stormed offstage
because he wanted to keep playing.  You lose that chronology with the
video.  Bastards.

>>This, my friends, is one huge Whine-Fest
>>that's starting to piss me off.
>
>Oooooooooooo.

I know, wasn't that intimidating!?!  I scared meself when I wrote that!
;-)

Bruce:

>The other thing is on the DVD they added an insane amount of crowd
noise and
>made up noise from the studio...This is why you see a shot of a girl in
the
>crowd laughing and you "hear" her laughing,

Ha!  That's hilarious because I just saw the DVD recently and noticed
that girl.  She wasn't anywhere near as vocal in the video!  It was like
a scene in a Godzilla movie; her lips weren't moving in synch with her
sound.

Jim in Colorado