Re: The Wave

> One of the characteristics of modernism/postmodernism is that the
> references don't have to sum to a clear meaning. Like TOMMY or QUAD,
> this little story gives you glimpses of thought and feeling that we
> can surmise are Pete's feeling about his recent experiences and his
> fans, but there's no direct message.

1. Your description is perhaps plausible for a collection of short
stories, but for a one-off diary entry posted by Pete on his website,
I think there's more to it than mere sketches of thought.

2. You devalue TOMMY & QUAD by saying they are without direct messages.
Ambiguous at times, yes, but clearly they have something to say.

- SCHRADE in Akron

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature.
     - Frank Lloyd Wright