Mother found a box of blues

Hey,

Listening to "Cut My Hair" with by 11 year old daughter.
When she asks what it is about, I explain about rebellion,
parent/child growing pains, etc.  She wondered what some
of the lyrics meant, in particular: "...but my mother found
a box of blues..."   When I told her it was about drugs,
she gave me a disapproving look.  I explained that the drugs
were just symbolic of any form of escape that one attempts
to retreat from the reality of their gig.  It really could
be anything, but I said that drugs were popular then.

I was never a drug user/abuser or a *bad-boy* and yet I
very much relate to Quad.  Sure, I had other forms of escaping,
so is that a substitute for getting pilled out?

My question to the group is:  Can one be clean and sober,
and popular and have grown up with the benefits of the
American dream, with a mum and dad that you love, and loved
you and still relate to Quad?

Joe in Philly

Joe Lewinski
ICANON Associates, Inc.
Phone: 610-313-1850 x 115
Fax: 610-313-1848

NEWZware is a product of ICANON Inc. - Visit our web site at
http://www.icanon.com/ for more information on ICANON, the company, and its
suite of products and services.